Jose Deluna

Jose Deluna
Hispajazz

Flamenco Guitarist and Composer

A PLACE FOR THE FLAMENCO GUITAR

Friday, December 10, 2010

PSYCOLOGICAL CONTROL

I think that if we devote eg one hour of our time to studying the guitar, we should have the right attitude for that hour in order to take advantage as much as possible. The lack of organization in the study and the lack of analysis in the study will make you waste your time.

When I teach I´d rather prefer to focus on applying concepts on the instrument as a real language. I mean teachers often use to speak to much in the teaching process but beleave me there´s an universal rule in the learning process and it´s that “Everybody understand the concepts explained, but not everybody interiorize them”. To get it takes time and practice. So in order to do so I prefer to spend 80 % of the lesson playing the instrument.

No comments: